Please Contact DARCA at (970) 412-1960 for more information on scheduling this on-site workshop. All 1/2 day workshops are $500.
Corporate governance basics for ditch companiesIf you are unsure of your duties or personal liability as a ditch company director…
If you wish to become a more confident and effective leader within your ditch company…
If you are looking for tools that will help your company to diffuse tensions and resolve ongoing disputes…
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU!
Building on our highly successful Directors and Officers Workshops in Niwot, Mancos, Las Animas, and Grand Junction, DARCA’s team of experts will discuss:
- Comparison of alternatives for ditch company corporate structures
- Duties, liabilities and indemnification of directors and officers
- Articles of Incorporation, bylaws and ditch company rules and regulations
- Tips to help in preparing minutes of meetings
- Communicating with shareholders
- Shareholders’ rights and duties
- Planning and conducting board and stockholders’ meetings
- Formal and informal dispute resolution
Audience participation will be encouraged, with the opportunity to ask questions and share experiences among a diverse group of experienced water users and professionals.
This training is geared toward practical guidance to provide you with tools that directors and officers can put into practice in ditch company operations and management. Participants will gain a greater understanding of corporate law as applied to mutual ditch companies as well as ditch companies that have elected to be governed by the Colorado Nonprofit Corporations Act. Extensive handouts citing Colorado statutory and case law will be provided.