The Church Ditch Water Authority is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to fill the position of General Manager. This is a highly flexible position that will allow for both field work and administrative duties. The General Manager position will offer the qualified individual the opportunity to work in the growing field of water resource management and be responsible for the daily operations of the Authority.
The Church Ditch Water Authority (CDWA) is a historic ditch company that has been serving the northwest metro area since the late 1800s. CDWA provides water to various municipal agencies as well as agricultural irrigators and industrial users.
Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manager for the Church Ditch Water Authority will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the CDWA. This will include direct supervision of all CDWA staff, coordination and communication with CDWA contractors and engineers, budget and capital project planning, water delivery operation and assistance with field functions and activities as needed. The General Manager will also work closely with the CDWA board of directors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with course work emphasis in engineering, hydrology, construction management, water resources, or water law and a minimum 6 years of experience in construction and construction management, ditch operations, parks or grounds maintenance; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, ability and skills to effectively manage a ditch company.
- Two (2) years of increasing responsibility for the supervision of staff and employees.
- Advanced understanding of budgeting and master planning processes.
- Expert understanding of water measurement devices and their proper function, installation and use.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment including, but not limited to: dump truck, excavators, tractors, etc…
- Ability to operate hand tools.
- Ability to operate landscaping tools.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and drawings.
- Ability to use basic office equipment including, but not limited to: personal computer with internet, tablets, cellular phone, copy machine, fax machine, printer, etc…
Must be available for 24 hour on-call during irrigation season.
Must possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) issued by the State of Colorado. A class A CDL is desirable, and a good driving record.
A pre-employment drug screening, physical, background and reference check will be required.
Working in inclement weather conditions, including heat and cold and precipitation events will be necessary.
Work will require periodic heavy lifting.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for this position is $70,000 to $90,000 per year. Starting salary will be determined based on the successful candidate’s qualifications.
The Church Ditch Water Authority provides employees with health, dental and life insurance benefits, as well as an IRA retirement plan. All employees receive a generous paid time off package including major holidays. Salary will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications.
To apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter documenting qualifications as they pertain to this position. Resume and cover letter can be submitted through by e-mail to email@example.com or by US Postal Service to 12301 Claude Court Northglenn, CO 80241 Attn: Tamara Moon. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information:GM-ChurchDitch